List of Acceptable Documents


Document that Establish Both Identity and Employment Eligibility

  1. U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired)
  2. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
    (INS Form N-560 or N-561)
  3. Certificate of Naturalization
    (INS Form N-550 or N-570)
  4. Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indicating unexpired employement authorization
  5. Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (INS Form I-151 or I-551)
  6. Unexpired Temporary Card (INS Form I-668)
  7. Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS FOrm I 668A)
  8. Unexpired Reentry Permit (INS Form I-327)
  9. Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (INS Form I-571)
  10. Unexpired Employement Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains a photograph
    (INS Form I-688B)


Documents that Establish Identity

  1. Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color and address
  2. ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color and address.
  3. School ID card with a photograph
  4. Voter's registration card
  5. U.S. Military card or draft record
  6. Military dependent's ID Card
  7. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  8. Native American tribal document
  9. Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

    For persons under age 18 who
    are unable to present a
    document listed above:
  10. School record or report card
  11. Clinic, doctor or hospital record
  12. Day-care or nursery school record


Documents that Establish Employment Eligibility

  1. U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
  2. Certification of Birth Aboard issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
  3. Original or cerified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an offical seal
  4. Native American tribal document
  5. U.S. Citizen Card (INS Form I-197)
  6. ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (INS Form I-179)
  7. Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the INS (other then those listed under list A)
  8. *Illustrations of many of these documents appear in Part 8 of the Handbook for Employers (M-274)

Bruce Temporary Services Home Page Contact Bruce Temporary Services